Friday, September 5, 2008

Sankofa October 17th

In less than a month I will be traveling to Orlando, Florida to work alongside the Sankofa team of 10 Amani women traveling from Nairobi to present Sankofa. Sankofa is a fashion narrative that uses the beauty of Amani's fashion and textile to present a three chapter story of Separation, Transformation, and Celebration. The narrative is presented with music, readings, dance, and vibrant costumes depicting the corporate story of finding peace and wholeness through Amani ya Juu.

Sankofa has been put together by the Amani women, and lead by Lynn Windmeyer and Rachael Segrest who have served as missionaries at Amani for the past few years.

I am so excited to see the show first hand as I was not able to go last year to the first Sankofa in Nairobi. I believe the stories and beautiful presentation by the Amani women is a testimony to the Lord's amazing grace and saving power as He transforms us. It will be a powerful experience for all who attend the shows in Orlando, Charlotte, and DC.

I will be traveling with the tour to each state to help represent Amani's ministry programs in the US as well as just helping out where I can. I will be leaving on Oct 3rd, and returning to DC on Oct. 11th, in time for the team to arrive and prepare for the DC show that Friday.

I hope you can join me at the DC Sankofa on Oct 17th. It will start at 8pm at the The Waterford: 6715 Commerce Street, Springfield, VA 22150 32801. You can purchase tickets through the Amani webstore, and please also feel free to call me is you have any questions about it.

Praying that the Lord's peace is embracing each of you!

No comments: